We just bought a new ranch house on the South Shore area of Boston. The house was built in the ’50s and hasn’t had much work up to it for 30 years. Most of the floors were covered with an orange shag carpet that was heavily stained from years of tread and smoking. When we closed on the house and finally were able to start demo to renovate, the first thing we did was rip out the awful carpet. Once we removed the old carpet we were pleasantly surprised to find hardwood floors underneath. Although they seemed to be in decent condition, they did however have lots of stains in and because the carpet down, the floor boards were full of staples. At first we considered just starting from scratch and buying some wide planks and take the time to redo all the floors. But then we realized they could probably be salvaged. My brother and I spent many long hours removing the staples from the floor by hand. Originally we thought maybe we could rent some of the machinery and refinish the floors ourselves ourselves. But there were so many holes in the wood and stain that it proves to be a bridge too far from my capabilities. We were doing other work on the house as well and had to move in in a timely fashion. I started doing a little research for hardwood floor refinishing Boston and found some reputable companies who could come in and do it in a few days. After searching and checking some reviews I found a good company that could fill all the holes with putty then sand it down. They used a dustless sander which made clean up much easier. They were also able to do two gorgeous coats of polyurethane and gave the floor beautiful Shane. We been in the house about two years now and the floor still looks amazing and we can’t believe this gorgeous hardwood was under all the carpet.
Posts made in August, 2018
- Late night towingIs there anything more annoying than experiencing a car break down when you are driving late at night? Maybe driving far away from familiar surroundings and having your car fail on you when you need it most is even more frustrating. For anybody that drives it’s a great idea to always have a emergency preparedness […]
- Old Floors Like New AgainWe just bought a new ranch house on the South Shore area of Boston. The house was built in the ’50s and hasn’t had much work up to it for 30 years. Most of the floors were covered with an orange shag carpet that was heavily stained from years of tread and smoking. When we […]
- What is the right Tattoo cream for you?The whole idea of tattoo care has only been around for a few years, and now the veterans and pioneers of tattoos are in awe about the invention of tattoo aftercare creams that make the aftermath of getting a tattoo a lot bearable and easier to do. Now the question is which one is the […]
- Pruning, A Service That Maintains Quality TreesPruning is not the act of extracting the juice from a prune, rather it is like trimming the branches of a tree and making sure it looks nice and neat. This is one of the most sought out maintenance treatment used in residential and industrial gardening, this is the most convenient way of maintaining the […]
- Some of the best products in townIt is only in recent years that people have come up with a tattoo aftercare line for people to take advantage of. A lot of people with the same passion for tattoos have also joined the wave and created lines of their own. Now there are a lot of choices to pick from, and all […]